Community Meeting - New High School
The Stanwood-Camano community is invited to an informational meeting at Stanwood High School to learn more about the , bond proposal. The project architect and district staff will present information.
Where: Stanwood High School Library
- Review project details
- Tax rates
- Project timelines
- Questions and Answers
- Tours of current facilities
A decision regarding the cancellation or delay of school will be made by about 5 AM on the school day. You can get information about the status of school by tuning into most major radio and television stations. Updated school closure information also will be posted on our district's Internet site, on the Public Schools Emergency Communications System website, www.flashalert.net or can be found by calling the district hotline at (360) 629-1240.
Winter Music Concert
This year, Stanwood Elementary will present a Primary Winter Concert and an Intermediate Winter Concert on separate days.
Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and the Primary Choir will sing on Tuesday, December 13th at 2:00 pm.
3rd grade, 5th grade, and the Intermediate Choir will sing on Thursday, December 15th at 2:00 pm. 4th grade is not performing because they performed at the Veteran's Day concert/assembly in November.
Doors will open for each concert at 1:45 pm. Please be aware that parking for this event will be tight.
We hope to see you there!
School Health Guidelines
When should my student stay home from school….?
- If your student has been ill during the night, (upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) the following day he/she should be kept home.
- The student should not be sent to school to see if he/she is well enough to be there.
- If your student has a cold, he/she should be kept home until mucous drainage and coughing have stopped.
- If your student complains of not feeling well in the morning, his/her temperature should be taken. When your student has a temperature of 100.5 degrees or greater, he/she should be kept home until the temperature has been normal for 24 hours.
- If your student has thick mucus or pus drainage from the eye or pink eye he/she should be kept home.
- If your student has a body rash, especially with fever or itching, he/she should be kept home.
If your student has been absent due to a communicable disease, please indicate the disease on the written excuse when he/she returns to school.
Please have an emergency telephone number on file at the school for the school to use in case of injury or illness when the parent cannot be reached through normal channels.
Mandatory Volunteer Training
At Stanwood Elementary, we value our classroom and school volunteers. All Volunteers need to fill out a volunteer clearance form and attend a 30 minute Harrassment, Intimidation, or Bullying (HIB) training.
There are no current trainings scheduled.
This training is mandatory for those who wish to volunteer. More training sessions may be available at a later date. Please call the office if you need a training before the next date is scheduled.
Page 1 of 2