Be Sure to Order Your YEARBOOK!
We are taking orders for our full color digitally made yearbook. Don't miss out - order yours today for only $13.00. Our yearbook pre-sale starts February 1st. Reserve your copy today! No additional books will be ordered after the pre sale ends. Yearbooks are distributed during the last week of school.
Please make your checks out to Firefly Images. Additional order forms available in the office.
Auction Volunteers Needed!
This is the 13th year of the Annual Stanwood Elementary PTO auction. This fun event features a live auction with baskets comprised of items gathered by each classroom. A concurrent silent auction features other donated items. The auction is the primary fundraiser for our school and helps fund activities such as: classroom field trips, assemblies, and special programs such as 5th grade science camp.
The PTO needs your help to make this year's auction a success. Volunteers are needed for acquisitions, Decor, Dessert Dash, Set-Up, Basket Making Day, and much much much more!
Watch for the flier coming home or contact the Stanwood Elementary office for more information or to volunteer.
A decision regarding the cancellation or delay of school will be made by about 5 AM on the school day. You can get information about the status of school by tuning into most major radio and television stations. Updated school closure information also will be posted on our district's Internet site, on the Public Schools Emergency Communications System website, www.flashalert.net or can be found by calling the district hotline at (360) 629-1240.
Register for School!
Kindergarten registration for the 2017-2018 school year begins March 1st!
In the spring, there will be a welcome night for new Stanwood Elementary kindergarteners to tour the kindergarten classrooms and meet the kindergarten teachers.
If you have a child to register for the 2017 - 2018 school year, and live within our attendance boundaries, please pick up a registration packet at the school office starting on March 1st. In order for students to be registered, the office must have: registration forms, a copy of their birth certificate, and their immunization records.
Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 31, 2017.
Please call us at (360)629-1250 if you have any questions.
School Health Guidelines
When should my student stay home from school….?
- If your student has been ill during the night, (upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.) the following day he/she should be kept home.
- The student should not be sent to school to see if he/she is well enough to be there.
- If your student has a cold, he/she should be kept home until mucous drainage and coughing have stopped.
- If your student complains of not feeling well in the morning, his/her temperature should be taken. When your student has a temperature of 100.5 degrees or greater, he/she should be kept home until the temperature has been normal for 24 hours.
- If your student has thick mucus or pus drainage from the eye or pink eye he/she should be kept home.
- If your student has a body rash, especially with fever or itching, he/she should be kept home.
If your student has been absent due to a communicable disease, please indicate the disease on the written excuse when he/she returns to school.
Please have an emergency telephone number on file at the school for the school to use in case of injury or illness when the parent cannot be reached through normal channels.
Page 1 of 2